If you’re someone who’s tried to stick to a fitness routine, you know just how hard it can be to stay motivated. The initial excitement fades, the workouts can become repetitive, and it can feel like you’re not seeing results. But he truth is, staying motivated is a key factor in making fitness a lifelong habit. So, what’ the secret to staying motivated on your fitness journey? Let’s explore the benefits of personal training, group training, and interval workouts, and how they can help you reach your fitness goals.
One of the most effective ways to stay motivated is to work with a personal trainer. Personal training is the best option for those who are new to fitness, recovering form an injury, or looking to take their workouts to the next level. A personal trainer will create a customized workout plan tailored to your goals, fitness level, and preferences. They will also provide guidance and support to help you stay accountable and motivated.
A personal trainer can help you set realistic goals and create a plan to achieve them. They can also track your progress and make adjustments as needed to keep you on track. Working with a personal trainer can help you hone in on your form in exercises and give you options when something doesn’t feel quite right. This can help you see results faster, which can be a great motivator in and of itself!
If you thrive in a social environment, group training might be the perfect option for you. Group training offers the benefits of working with a personal trainer in a supportive group setting. You’ll get the motivation and accountability of a personal trainer, along with the camaraderie and support of a group of like-minded individuals.
Group training can be a great way to stay motivated because it’s fun and social. In a great gym community, you’ll meet new people and make friends who share your passion for fitness. You’ll also become more likely to stick to your workouts because you don’t want to miss spending workout time with your new workout buddies. Group training is also a great way to challenge yourself by trying new things and exercises you wouldn’t typically decide to do on your own. It’s likely you’ll be inspired by the strength of your fellow group members and encouraged to push yourself beyond what you would do on your own.
Interval workouts are a type of exercise that alternates periods of high-intensity exercise with periods of rest or low-intensity exercise. Interval workouts are a great way to stay motivated because they are challenging, and also very effective. Interval workouts can help you burn more calories in less time than traditional cardio workouts, even after the workout is over!
The interval workouts at Urban Athlete are great for preventing boredom. When you’re constantly changing the intensity of your workout with the weights you use, the time of work and rest periods, and the exercise variation, it’s hard to get bored. Interval workouts can also be very versatile. You can do interval training with any type of exercise, from running to weight lifting to swimming. We are of course fond of interval training using resistance.
Tips for Staying Motivated
While personal training, group training, and interval workouts can all help you stay motivated, there are also other things you can do to stay on track toward the goals you set with your coach when you started your workout program. Here are some tips for staying motivated on your fitness journey:
- Set realistic goals: Setting unrealistic goals can lead to disappointment and frustrations. Work with your personal trainer or coach to help you make sure your goals are achievable and realistic.
- Find a workout buddy: Having a workout buddy can help keep you accountable and motivated simply because there is someone walking a similar path along side you. Plus, it’s more fun to work out with a friend!
- Keep a workout journal: Keeping track of your workouts can help you see the progress you are making and support keeping you motivated.
- Mix it up: Doing the same workout every day can get boring. It can also cause you to plateau and no long see results. Working with a personal trainer or in a group training setting can introduce you to new exercises or types of workouts you might not have known about to keep things interesting.
- Celebrate your successes: No matter how big or small the progress, celebrate it! This will help keep you motivated and give you a sense of accomplishment. You are, after all, putting in the hard work and effort.
Staying motivated in your fitness journey is essential to achieving your goals. Personal training, group training, and interval workouts can all help you stay on track and reach your goals. It will also likely uncover possibilities you never knew existed.
We love helping Northwest Philadelphia residents reach their goals in fitness and nutrition. Give us a call or send us a message if you’d like to see if we’re a good fit!