If You Have A Great Attitude, A Passion for Learning New Things, and a Few Basic Skills, I Have a $15+/hr, Fun, and Fulfilling Job Just for You!
From: Pamela MacElree, Owner
Dear Prospective Employee,
Thanks for taking the time to visit this site! You should have arrived here because you saw my employment posting on Indeed/Craigslist or were directed here by a friend/colleague of mine. It’s my hope that you are exactly the person I am looking for so I can take this page down immediately and offer you the fun and rewarding job I have available.
So, let me tell you a little about our company and the job.
My name is Pamela MacElree, and I run a fitness community, that helps people achieve their goals without the pressure of having to ‘look’ a certain way or being pushed to only lose weight. Our fitness facility is called Urban Athlete and we’re located at 7112 Germantown Avenue, Rear, Philadelphia, PA 19119.
Our business is dedicated to helping men, women, and competitive athletes achieve their health, fitness, and performance goals. We currently offer group and personal training with a focus on helping clients reach their goals.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, hard working, and energetic person to work with clients as a part-time coach and handle some administrative and sales duties.
If you are hired for this job, the first 90 days on the job will be on a trial period. During this time period, you will be working M/T between the hours of 6am and 12pm and W/TH 4pm to 8:30pm as needed for on the job training. Once you become permanent you will have a static schedule that is agreed upon working up to 20 hours a week. You will have the opportunity to gain more experience and grow within the company as well as progress to full time employment!
Tasks We Need You to Perform
- Making great first impressions: You will be the first point of contact for all prospective clients. Whether you are greeting someone at the door or answering or returning phone calls, you’ll be responsible for making sure prospects both get the information they need and feel at home from the moment they first interact with us.
- Deliver the highest quality service and value every single day: Our clients come to us to reach goals and feel good about themselves while they are on their journey. You will be responsible for delivering coaching sessions energetically with the client’s best interest in mind.
- Understanding the Sales Process: We have a unique schedule and there will be times that require you to meet with prospective clients, deliver a success session and be able to speak confidently about our program and offerings.
- Some administrative tasks: Each position within our company requires some administrative tasks be complete. It is crucial that these tasks happen in a timely fashion in order to be able to deliver the highest quality service and value.
Prerequisite Skills and Attitude
These are the skills and the attitude you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Microsoft Word: You must be very comfortable using Microsoft Word and have basic Excel skills- you won’t have to do anything advanced in Excel, but you should be comfortable with it where you can manage spreadsheets
- A “Servant Hood” Mentality: You will be taking care of our clients and prospects. They are all VERY important, so you must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through email. You must be relentless in finding solutions for them. We’ll teach you the basics of what to say and do, but we can’t teach you how to have a great attitude and a strong desire to help people.
- Desire to learn and grow: I’m serious about this! I want a person who is motivated to get better every day and who isn’t shy about suggesting ideas on how we can improve the business. I do not want a robot that simply follows a checklist, I want someone who learns and grows with our company.
- Organized and Attentive to Detail: This is a must! You will need to catch the little things from scheduling, to wording, numbers, cleaning, etc.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
- Adobe Creative Suite/Graphic Design: We publish a monthly newsletter and special announcement flyers in publisher, and you’ll need to be able to go in and make edits/changes to the file when necessary and get it ready to print
- Editing and Cropping Pictures: We take photos to be used as social proof and testimonials for our company.
How to Apply
We’re looking to hire the right person as soon as possible. So if this job sounds good to you, follow these instructions precisely. Failure to follow these instructions will result in your resume going in the circular file. This is your first test, okay?
Here’s what I want from you
- Write a resume that includes your education, ALL prior work experience (yes, I even want to know if you mowed lawns when you were 14), and any skills you have.
- Write me a 100-200 word (we will count) cover letter explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position. Include full contact information (name, address, phone, email) on this cover letter.
- On a separate sheet of paper list at least three references with phone numbers and what your relationship is with the references (i.e. – previous employer, college professor, etc).
- Write me an additional hand-written note, 50 words maximum, re-iterating why you feel I should choose you for the job.
- Put the cover letter on top of your resume and the reference sheet underneath your resume, staple together in the top left corner. Add your hand-written note on top.
- Mail to: Urban Athlete – 7112 Germantown Avenue, Rear, Philadelphia, PA 19119
If you followed the instructions properly, we will review your application. If we feel you’re a good prospect, we’ll call or email you to set up a personal interview. If we feel you aren’t qualified, we’ll send you a courtesy email to thank you for your time. If you do not hear from us at all, it means you did not follow the instructions properly.
The sooner we get your application, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process. I believe in taking action quickly. So get your application in pronto! I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.
Again, thanks very much for your interest.
P.S. – This is not a corporate type of structure job. I am an entrepreneurial small business owner. I move quickly to capitalize on opportunities. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Urban Athlete is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and contributing to the growth of the business. If that’s you, I promise that $15/hour is only the starting point. I recognize and reward performance!
With all that said, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat person and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned,and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So send us your resume today!
If you have any questions, please contact us at: